Thursday, 15 March 2012
Public speaking workshop and Personal Branding Masterclass
*Please note that both of these workshops have a limited number of places and we recommend you book asap if you want to attend.
Personal Branding Masterclass
By the end of the masterclass delegates will be able to:
• Increase their attractiveness to prospective employers through their personal brand.
• Understand how to use their personal brand as part of their research careers.
• Appreciate why their values lie at the heart of their personal brand.
• Understand the rationale for connecting their values with their stakeholders’ values.
• Use communications, behaviour, design and multisensory cues to develop their personal brand.
• Reflect on their personal brand in a more meaningful way.
• Recognise the importance of delivering an authentic and consistent personal brand experience.
• Understand how to differentiate themselves from other personal brands.
• Feel more confident and comfortable with their personal brand.
• Utilise their personal branding knowledge and skills to refine ‘their brand’ as their careers develop.
To find out more and how to book your free place please go to the web page http://www.graduateschool.bham.ac.uk/training/personalbranding.shtml
Speakeasy! Public speaking workshop for postgraduate researchers
Drawing on professional acting skills and techniques, the one-day course addresses the following issues:
• How to be an effective communicator in the lecture theatre, seminar room or in the conference hall.
• How to get your message across, keep your audience engaged and actually enjoy the experience.
• Voice projection, posture, body language and how to calm your nerves.
• Different modes of communication: how to lead seminars, chair conferences and conduct a Q&A.
• Techniques for presenting, how to deliver complex ideas and personalise your style of delivery.
• Methods of communication: how to use PowerPoint, present a poster and ‘how to think on your academic feet’.
To find out more information, read reviews or book your free place please go to the webpage http://www.graduateschool.bham.ac.uk/training/speakeasy.shtml